Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day One - Pride Weekend

I had a great time yesterday with James, my friends and guest from Tacoma, and the fellow he met coming up on the bus, Joseph, who lives in Seattle. We met at Joe's for breakfast, hung out at my place a bit, walked down to the Roundhouse Community Centre to see the Pride In Art show, and walked back up the hill to Fountainhead where we shared a a couple beers in the indoor air conditioned loveliness. Then it was back to my place again so Joseph and I could share a joint. James and I rested and later went to dinner at Kadoya around 8. Joseph met us there and we had a delicious feast. Afterwards, James went back to the place Joseph. From there they planned to walk down to the beach to watch the fireworks with 200,000 others. I went home as the crowds were too difficult for me to manage, but James and Joseph ended up drinking wine and watching the fireworks from Joseph's host's balcony.

It was a bit cooler last night so I had a reasonably good sleep.

No comments: