Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blogs to remember

I have become boring. When I was 24 I made a pledge never to become so, having no idea at the time how hard that would be to avoid, and how tempting that state becomes as one gets older. Being unable to do many of the active things I did when I was younger doesn't help.

My upcoming events in my itinerary continue to crumble and fade like sandcastles or mirages as I approach them. Joseph, a fellow from Seattle I befriended on Pride weekend a month ago, is in town this weekend to celebrate another friend's birthday. I had hoped to meet him but that doesn't look too likely now. Friday night was out as he didn't arrive at his friend's place until around 10:30pm. Saturday he got up shortly after noon. I didn't accept his invitation to breakfast as I had eaten just 2 hrs before. He promised to call me right afterwards but didn't, and we both had other socials to attend yesterday evening.

It's 11am now. I've had my morning walk and breakfast at Joe's and I am about to go to Faerie Coffee. He hasn't called yet and I have no way of contacting him. I've left a message on my phone where I will be so....

I did get 2 new CDs recorded yesterday; one of Edith Piaf and the other of Bob Marley. A strange combination when my CD player scrambles them.

Friday night a couch surfing member posted a link to a Times Magazine article about the "best 50 websites to visit". I looked it up with anticipation, hoping to find some interesting sites to visit when it gets slow at work. The sites were all useless gossip-types. 11 of them were about the Kennedy family. Quel disappointment! The longer I live, the stupider and more useless the world looks.

I have run across a wonderful website through another friend though. Check out: http://joemygod.blogspot.com/search/label/This%20Week%20In%20Holy%20Crimes He's a winner and weblog finalist (I didn't even know their was a competition for these things)in both 2007 and 2008. The weekly "Holy Crimes" list is fascinating, but even better are his blogs (now in his 6th year). Check out the past blogs on the left side, especially his "readers' favourites", which had me in stitches. I only wish I could write this well, or even to have subjects like this to write about.

RULE No.1: Never lose your sense of humour.

No comments: