Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spring


I love this time of year. It gives me energy. It started last Wednesday. It was gone again on Thursday but returned on Friday. There was a new mildness in the air, very subtle but also profound. I knew right away that the snow will not return this winter. Well, there was SOME sleet mixed in with the rain this morning but it was not cold enough to settle.

Eric and Josiane made their way to Victoria on Friday and I had the joy of having my place all to myself again. I slept in my bed instead of the sofa, played my CDs, watched movies I had rented before they arrived and slept in in the morning without any obligations to others.

Sis received the final test results and there is no sign of cancer. My brother's birthday was today and we chatted a few hours ago. Other than that I spent most of the weekend revising chapter 23 of my novel. I added another 800 words today. It is now 344 pages and 210,230 words long, give or take a few.

Speaking of counting, on Friday I reclaimed my 100-day average between falls over the past 10 falls. I had been there in September for the first time, but then I fell three times in the next 8 weeks. I also have this big goal that I set when I was 50, to keep walking for 2,000 days past my 50th birthday. Last Wednesday I reached the 1700 mark (85%). By tomorrow I guess I'll be at 1705. I use my cane a bit more than I did last year but I still walk to work over a mile almost every morning. Life is good.

No comments: