Monday, February 16, 2009

Howe Sound




I was so wrong about Rich & Luis's Valentine's Day celebration. The video they showed was of a wedding reality show called "Who's Wedding Is It Anyway?" which showcased two different wedding planners and their clients, the first a woman who was planning a wedding and reception in a Manhattan loft for a pair of crazy rockers and the other, a flamboyant, over-acting queen and his attention-seeking mother who were planning Rich & Luis's commitment ceremony. It was downright hilarious or cute in parts, and in other places very touching. It gave wonderful insights into what challenges each of them were facing, such as family health issues and planning the move to Canada, while trying to plan their big day.

I was so glad I came but one glass and a half of red wine triggered something awful in my digestive system. I broke out in a sweat and almost feinted. For the rest of the evening I was weak. It was all I could do to walk home afterward.

I was still low energy all Sunday. In spite of it I did my best to get some writing work done. It wasn't easy but I did make surprising progress. Around 3 I called the boys to say I had made it home safely and was alright. They suggested they pick me up and go for a drive. We went up to the Cleveland Dam at Capilano Lake in North Vancouver and then west for their first ever visit to Howe Sound to catch the sunset.

They were amazed at the breathtaking beauty of Howe Sound. The Sea to Sky Highway is still mostly a terrible mess as they are widening it for the 2010 Olympics, which are now only 51 weeks away. There hasn't been much progress since last summer and I can't see how they will have it done it time.

PHOTO 1: sunset over the Sound
PHOTO 2: Luis & Rich with "The Lions" in the background
PHOTO 3: Mile 0 of both the Upper Levels Hwy (Trans-Canada) and the Sea-to-Sky (Vancouver to Lillooet) Hwy

No comments: