Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mornings

Mornings are best, when the streets are still quiet, the air is fresh and the gulls have the skies to themselves. It really doesn't matter the weather. This morning is a bit cooler than last week but I was smart enough to wear a sweater. On weekends I like to amble up to Joe's Diner on Davie and pollute myself with coffee and greasy food. It gets me out of the apartment early and starts the day.

Yesterday afternoon, I took a bus trip up to Main Street to Heritage House where Eric was entertaining at the story telling festival. Heritage House is a former City Hall from when Vancouver was in its infancy (less than a century ago) and I have long wanted to see inside, but when I got there I found that it was not accessible. There was no ramp and no place with railings on both sides to help me make it up the stairs. I just got back on the next bus heading home.

I didn't regret the trip though. It was a sunny day and the crowds on the bus were interesting, especially all the shoppers coming home from Chinatown which makes for a crowded ride. But I wasn't wearing a sweater then and the cold did cut through my leather jacket as I waited for buses.

Rich & Luis came over last night, armed with popcorn and a bottle of wine, to play "Settlers of Catan". I whopped both of their asses last weekend but they got their revenge last night by each winning a game. But both games were cliff hangers so fun was had by all.

I also managed to get through the revision of Chapter 23 of my novel yesterday and I have spent most of the day writing today. I am now well into Chapter 24 at page 283, having revised 10 more pages today. Still 63 more pages before I can start adding more to the end of the story as it now stands. It's wonderful not to have any time for a relationship!
.

No comments: