Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stayin' in



Dinner at Danzante and Gerry's again, this time it was with three friends from Portland, Otter, Periwinkle and Wallowa. I use their Faerie names because I can't remember their "Muggle" or "mundane" names. Anyway, it was fabulous food and company as always. Danzante picked me up and Gerry dropped me off. Gawd, the amount of snow on the sidewalks in the upper slopes of the city, even though they are only 100m higher, would keep me housebound another month. It is obvious that almost no one has made an effort to clear them. How do the disabled survive there?

I woke to our 6th snowfall of the season. It will be the smallest so far, perhaps 4 cm, and the expected to be the shortest lived, but it also the most dangerous. The sky was half clear last night and it was a few degrees below freezing. There will be many patches of ice under this new, melting layer of snow.

I was supposed to have breakfast with my friend Adriaan this morning to discuss his up-coming trip to Botswana, but that isn't happening. When I called him he was just about to call me to cancel. Even the fit and toned don't want to be out in this....

.

No comments: