Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sweet day

Weekend mornings are my favourites. It's a grey sky this morning, but none the less sweet for it. The air is perfumed with scent of flowering bushes. It is comfortably warm and there's a slight breeze. The faces I passed on the sidewalk on the way to and from breakfast had smiling eyes filled with the pleasure of the day. About two dozen people were working in the community garden at Davie and Burrard, wheelbarrowing fresh top soil and planting flowers and shrubs, laughing and chatting as they worked.

Today Marcel, my couch surfer from Brazil, is arriving after his stay in Toronto. In Facebook he says he is in mourning, not wanting to say goodbye, but I know he will enjoy Vancouver. His anticipated arrival time is just before midnight. He says he hopes to go out and party, though it will be about 3am Toronto time by then.

In the meantime I have lots to do today. There's house cleaning and laundry, and I want to finish the sailboat window I have been working on for a client. When that's done I will relax.

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gilbran
.

No comments: