Thursday, May 21, 2009

Travel plans

Wow, life moves fast. This weekend is out as Michal can't get two days off. I'm glad I stuck to my guns and insisted on a fourth day. When he saw some of the google photos on the route I had suggested he was amazed and admitted we could spend a lot longer exploring. Like me, he likes out of the way places, natural beauty and exploring terrains with a taste for spontaneity. We should get along fine.
Last night I sat at the computer going over a possible itinerary or routes and attractions along the way, throwing in the odd out-of-the-way route to spice things up. I like to plan a trip this way just to know each area's attractions as thoroughly as possible beforehand, so as time permits we will see the most important ones first, but it won't be a Bible. I never know what is worth seeing until I'm there.

The date is set and the tickets booked. We fly out of Seattle at 6am on the 12th of June and leave Salt Lake City around 1:30 on the 15th, giving us only three days in the area, but Michal still has to drive back to Vancouver to drop me off and continue on to Kelowna after we arrive in Seattle at 8pm (having passed through Phoenix airport on the way home).

PHOTO 1: Cathedral in the Mountains, SE of Bryce Canyon NP
PHOTO 2: mill near Bicknell UT, near Capitol Reef NP

No comments: