Monday, May 11, 2009

Marcel left today before noon to catch his flight to Brazil at 2pm. The place looks much the same except that his bags are gone. The sofa bed still has the bedding on it. There was no "thank you" note or anything. He would not have said goodbye on his way out last night either if I had not reminded him how to lock up when he left.

I am not sure if he enjoyed Vancouver. Many of his comments were negative. He did not try to socialize with me in his last week here, not even for a coffee or meal, not since last Sunday when we went together to breakfast and with Rich & Luis up into the mountains, though he went out frequently with several others including a neighbour who had him promise not to tell me. He kept vampire hours and I had to work. The few times we were both home he was usually pounding away on my keyboard communicating with friends or looking for new hook-ups.

Saturday night I fell asleep at 7:30pm. I woke when one of Marcel's friends rang the intercom at 10 just as he was leaving for the evening. I didn't wake again until almost 6am when he returned. The long rest did wonders for my mood. I lay there luxuriating until my friend Flash phoned at 7:30 wanting to meet me for breakfast. Marcel went to Wreck Beach that morning with an Australian couch surfer named Murray and stayed out until early evening. I made good use of the quiet time alone. I finished the novel I was reading and most of what remained of the sailboat window I am making for a client. I need to finish it by next weekend.

As much I love hosting, I have had guests 26 days in April and expect to have guests 28 days of May. I am feeling the need to be alone, but that won't happen immediately. I have 2 days until my friend Mike Derkson arrives from Fernie. He will stay until the end of the month. Tonight I am going to a men's group, something involving singing I think, and tomorrow night Fred and Eric, my French couch surfers from last month, are taking me out for dinner. :o)

2 comments:

Irak Rivas said...

I think that it´s sad, when you host and the people doesn´t make nothing to feel that they appreciate that much... I had two guys one time, and like i live with my parents, they didn´t even try to meet them... I think when someone opens his home to you, at least you have to be gentle and educated... Doesn´t mean that they must be everytime for you, but part of the experience it´s to share life experience... or not?

Anonymous said...

i used to be really devoted to cs before but after a while, i lost that devotion. i miss my privacy and my sex life suffered because i can't host. :)) so, now, i have the rule: 1 or 2 csers in a month. i feel guilty turning down some really hot guys. LOL....