Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Utah again


On Sunday, a day more than 7 weeks after Michal was supposed to call me back with final plans for Utah, I sent him an email saying I was all packed and ready to go in 5 days and was so excited about it. He read my sarcasm and decided to stop by to see me on his way home from Portland last night.

I got my concerns off my chest about his lack of accountability, he apologized and promised never to leave me hanging again, and we discussed doing Utah. Our plan to leave Friday is still a possibility, though I have a few conflicts: I want to buy a better camera first, I have a birthday party I should attend and possible overtime on Saturday. I also have a stained glass client who would have to wait an extra week for me to get glass for his lamp repair. I love the build up to a vacation like this, even for just four days, and this would leave me without one, so we are also looking into going June 12-15, which would mean taking a Monday and Friday off. We will check the availability of those dates today and set plans tonight. Yeah!

It has been a weekend of positive developments. My client for the camellia bush circle and the sailboat window picked them up Sunday and gave me the remaining monies in cash. She had no objections to the colours or designs and might be back for more later this year. As I mentioned, another client (a handsome gay one) dropped off his damaged lamp which requires one piece to be replaced. Another woman wants something small, a triangular piece for a sundial in her yard. I have made a dogwood sun catcher and a small orange lily window over the weekend too, just to use up some glass. Tonight a suitor named Fredrick is coming by to spend time with me.

I feel the warm breath of spring that is relaxing a long standing cramp in my life. It's about time!

No comments: