Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Die diet, die

My candida cleanse diet did not work out. I stopped it last Friday after 12 days. That morning I fell for the third time since the start of the diet and I decided it was not safe to continue it. In each case I fell in unextraordinary places which I normally handled without any problem. My energy has been low since it started and I am sure that contributed to my falls. The candida should have been mostly if not
completely wiped out in the first 11 days anyway. I never really understood why the diet was suppose to continue for an additional 17 days.

This isn't the first time others "knew" what would fix me, even though my doctors still have no idea what exactly is causing my muscles to atrophy. I usually avoid these trendy recipes for health that others promote as cure-alls. Whenever they don't produce the promised results the promoters blame me for not following their instructions precisely,regardless whether I did or not. Truth is always the victim of "knowing".

I managed to mildly sprain my ankle in the fall, as my leg folded beneath me and I collapsed on top of it. After five days it is stronger but still sensitive if I bend it the wrong way. Hopefully the strength I lost during the diet will return, but it might not. If I don't fall, it will still the better part of the remainder of the year to bring my average up to what it was two weeks ago. :o(

No comments: