Monday, April 27, 2009

End of April round up.....

Swine Flu has swept the news. Every few hours the body count is updated. Yesterday there were 20 cases in the US and now there are 40. It seems if the birds don't get us it will be the pigs. Is there such a thing as Cat Flu?

My life is in a bit in the doldrums after my two French couch surfers left on Friday after 26 days of living with me. My living room seems unnaturally tidy and usable. I took the opportunity to watch two rented movies.

I am still working an extra 1.5 hrs each day, and then doing some stained glass when I get home. It keeps my mind off my thoughts. I have finished the camellia circle and put it up in my front window, but I have noticed that two pieces have cracked and will need to be replaced. Now I am onto the less-original sailboat-in-the harbour with mountains for a backdrop. I hope to complete it by Saturday before my next couch surfer arrives. The client for both windows will pick them up the week of May 19. I might see some of my overtime pay and my tax refund by then. Pennies from Heaven.....

I skipped out on the AGM for my condo last week. I just couldn't stomach listening the the lying bastards that run and manipulate our council for three hours. They were voting on a massive proposal to spend a six digit figure to renovate our lobby and hallways, which it badly needs. It will cost each unit an average of $1,000. I haven't found out yet how the vote went.

I have finally put the guide book on Utah away and relinquished any hope of having a vacation there this year.

No comments: