Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mela and Sera

In the blue light of early morning I tottered to the window and saw sheets of white snow already blanketing the sheets of ice from yesterday. So I returned to my own sheets and blankets to dream some more. When I felt the 'big empty' I got up, had some corn flakes and a hot shower. It is still snowing heavily on this 11th day of siege but today I am in a great mood knowing that it is at an end. By the weekend it is forecast to rain for three days and get up to +8C. The nightmare is almost over. My Team Leader just chuckles when I call in now and just says he hopes to see me before the New Year.

Last night before bed I took a melatonin capsule. On days when with lots of mental activity (e.g. playing lots of computer games lately) seratonin builds up in the brain. Seratonin (no relationship to Sarah Palin, though both induce lethargy and foggy thinking) is a sister to Melatonin and they react, like most brothers and sisters, when they come into contact. In this case Mela metabolizes Sera, which I'd gladly do to my sister if I could figure out how. Mela metabolizes Sera during the brain wave spikes that happen at the start of a dream, which means each time they metabolize a dream begins. So I take melatonin and spend the night dreaming. My dreams are weird and wild as I have a vivid and playful imagination.

Last night I was at some kind of residential job site and I had to leave. I was wandering the corridors of this labyrinth building in my underwear, towing my sleeping bag behind me, looking for my lost bicycle and the rest of my clothing and stepping over all these other half-naked men cuddled up and sleeping on the floor. Next thing I know I was on the sidewalk, clothed and selling tickets for Phantom of the Opera, which I have never done before, though I was a bar tender for the show in Toronto. I had to give out the tickets, for some unbeknown reason, with two blueberries each and I was having a problem finding suitable good ones in my basket. It was the blueberries that reminded me I was hungry and that woke me up. So, who needs other drugs or a date when you can go to bed with melatonin?

The last dream reminded me of the time I was a bar tender for the Phantom along with my bf Joseph. He was 11 years younger and always had to be the centre of attention. He was hot and complimented on his looks all the time, but he was as much of a headache as a pleasure most of the time. He was also flamboyantly gay and made a big point of being my bf, which was a new experience to me. One day one of the other bar tenders named Robin, an attractive straight guy a few years older than Joseph, came to me and said, "Your boyfriend" (with the agitated tone that said this was my problem) "has been offering me beginner lessons in blow jobs!"
"He has?" I faked surprise, stalling for time and trying to suppress a smile.
"Yes!" he responded, waiting to hear what I'd do about it.
"Well I guess that's alright..."
"What?" he was taken aback.
"But if he offers you intermediate lessons," I sighed and shook my head slowly, "he's not qualified."
He looked like a deer in the headlights until a smile gradually crept across his face. He nodded at me and turned and left the room. He never complained about Joseph again.

Hallelujah! The snow has just turned to rain!

.

No comments: