Monday, March 2, 2009

Holistic treatments

My sister, the holistic allergist, tested me for allergies yesterday for the first time. She uses the body's magnetic energies to test for my +ve or -ve reactions to a wide range of food and household substances. She required me to press my ring finger to my thumb in a circular shape and to resist as she used her thumbs to pry them apart as I held various substances in vials next to my forearm. When I was resistant or allergic to a substance my strength failed. It was fascinating.

I had seen this used before and had received Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique (BEST) treatments from a renowned doctor in Toronto for years, which operates on a similar principle. Rich & Luis were over to play "Settlers of Catan" when she arrived and they stayed to watch the testing, which they also found fascinating.

I always new I had certain food allergies, such as ginger, cardamom and maybe others. Sis found I was particularly allergic to gluten. I have also been allergic to both my diabetes medicines, which I need to take. They have caused me so much pain, diarrhea and loss of sleep over the past four years. She used an electric probe with a mild current (I couldn't feel it) on several acupuncture points to reverse my intolerance to some of these substances. They seemed not to affect me more after the treatment. This morning I took the most difficult of the diabetes medicines, Januvia, which usually makes me sick with one pill. So far, 14 hours later, there is still no typical reactions.

I could ask why my brother, who has make this work his career for a few years, and why my sister, who has taken on this line of work too for the past year, have not offered to treat my diabetes or muscular dystrophy before now. But then, we have been so estranged for so long. Neither even called me, let alone visit me, when I was in the hospital with a broken leg for 18 days over Christmas 3 years ago. They basically ignored me for years while my life fell apart and I slowly reconstructed it.

There's no point going there now. Suddenly both seem interested in my health and I am grateful for anything they can offer me. I'm not proud.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

I don't know if you like when ppl comment here... I have a fotolog and I like when ppl express their opinions about what I wrote...

Anyway, I think you don't need to be proud to accept their interest and caring...

...and you'd be surprise of how much people can have problems facing a relative's sickness... trust me, I've been there!

=/