Sunday, October 3, 2010

VIFF Day 3 - hanging in

Only saw four films yesterday but one, Biutiful, a Spanish film set in Barcelona with Javier Bardem, was worth the 5-star rating. It was a hard film though, with characters and events I wanted no part of and lots of hand-held camera action, and it was long, 152 minutes finishing at midnight.

Fathers & Sons, a Vancouver-based comedy, was much better than I expected. Bhutto, the documentary of the Bhutto family was less than expected, though informative and Made In Dagenham was a piece of Hollywood-styled formula British fluff, a feel-good film with clear and simple issues and villains.

I found myself fighting the fatigue and wishing I was in bed by the evening. I am occasionally fantasizing about taking time off. I will let myself if I need to. For now it's just a whim.

No comments: