Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sunday's aftermath

The spraying is over. For the first day, I couldn't enter the bedroom for the strength of the fumes. The exterminator failed to remember to leave the name of the insecticide or a sample so my sister could clear me on it, and he also forgot to leave my key, which he says he will do immediately, if he remembers. He was also suppose to call yesterday to set a return date on the 17th or 18th, which he hasn't so far.

My place is still in chaos, boxes and bags piled mountainously high on my kitchen counters. The odd item has returned to its old placement but I have moved nothing back into the bedroom yet. I will wait until it is reinspected in two weeks.

I have decided to get rid of the old mattress and box spring. The mattress wasn't too bad, according to the exterminator, but the box spring had several nests inside of it. Regardless, I don't feel like sleeping on all that toxic spray. I suppose I could just seal both in plastic. If any bugs survived the spraying, they could not live long inside the plastic with no access to their host.

Anyway, it has all been an ordeal. I have been exhausted for several days. Now I am returning to the film festival. I could only handle 2 films on Sunday, while my place was being sprayed, but I handled 5 (barely) yesterday. I did have a great sleep last night though, and feel much better today. I plan to get some of the bags unpacked today and the stacks of books taken off of my kitchen counters.

Fred has convinced me that I need a maid.

No comments: