Thursday, October 8, 2009

New bed

The new bed and box spring set has arrived. Fred and Eric turned up an hour later to help me put on the vinyl covers and tape up the zippers so future "pets" will have no place to live. The thought of them still sends a chill up my spine. Afterwards, I took the two of them out for lunch at Joe's Diner.

Today I begin the second half of the film festival. I'll put the rest of the condo back in order over the next couple mornings now that the bed is in place. It's 80% back to normal anyway. I feel luckier than ever to have my place and know that I won't lose it anytime soon. Last night I saw "Home", a French-financed documentary about what the human race has done and is doing to destroy the planet--very depressing--and the Lee Daniels film "Precious", about an illiterate, severely overweight Black teenager, pregnant by her father who raped her, who struggles to get on her feet for the first time in her life. Both were very powerful, perhaps the best of the film festival so far.

I sent an e-mail to Tom and Tibi yesterday morning apologizing for having to kick them out so quickly and saying I would still like to be friends. No answer so far. Hopefully they are not mad at me, but I can live with it if they are. I wouldn't have done it differently. Perhaps they have no use for me now that I am no longer their host, but that's OK too. I saved them about $700 by letting them stay so long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of Platform Queen Beds for refreshing your new bedroom.

Highway's End said...

Fuck off Andry!