Saturday, March 27, 2010

technology

I am having a hard time adjusting to the 21st century. I suppose I had a hard time with the 20th century too, never having been much interested in technology. I've never owned a car, a walkman, 8-track, cassette player I-pod, Blackberry, laptop, hair dryer, and half the electronic conveniences of the modern age that most consider to be essentials. Not even a battery-operated dildo. Toyz R NOT Us! I haven't had a TV for 30 years either, though now I have a set with no television reception I use only for DVDs. I love my computer for e-mails, writing and google.

Anyway, Fred and Eric bought me a cell phone for Christmas, my first. It's definitely a good idea, especially for safety reasons as I could fall in some out of the way place and not be able to get back up. I have loaded in most of my friends phone numbers but only plan to use it when I am meeting up with friends away from home or calling from work.

For a couple months I was unable to get messages. I think I unknowingly set my ringer to half a ring and couldn't figure out how to access my messages. Eric finally helped me change the settings and select a tune but to date I have still only caught a couple calls in 3 months.

Last week I was leaving my building on my way to meet my friend Kal to see a film. A fellow passed me on coming in and his cell went off. I noted the tune and said to myself "I like that tune. I wish i had that on my phone." As he walked away from me the music didn't fade. I realized it was coming from my pocket. Blush.

No comments: