Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lazy day

It was an usual day; sunny and 24C like before, but I was the part that was unusual. I got up early, took photos of the community garden, had breakfast at Joe's alone, did a little grocery shopping, came home and started cleaning.

Perhaps it was because last week my sis tells me that she thinks I am getting too weak to clean my own place thoroughly. What does she know? She thought Mom was getting Alzheimer's ten years ago and was telling everyone that she should be put into a home. Today Mom still has more smarts than she does. But even if it's not true I can't have her going around telling other family members that. I wouldn't let them interfere anyway but I wouldn't want it to come to that.

So, I did the dishes, watered the plants, did 4 loads of laundry (anything I could find), washed ALL the floors and polished the mirrors, toilet, shampooed the bedroom rug, etc etc. I sprayed sealant on the hallway ceiling outside my door to cover watermarks that have been there for months.

But it was a hot and heavy day too. Everywhere I went I was dragging my ass. Just before 2 I met Danzante and Bill for lunch at "The Dish". I was only hungry enough for soup, though. The appetite slows down in this heat. Afterwards, I sauntered (wobbled?) up Davie to buy tickets for the Queer Film Festival. There looks like there might be a few good films there, perhaps four or five. I bought 10, because it's always a lottery of sorts.

Tonight is quiet. I am sitting here in a very very clean apartment with nothing much to do. I have just watched a terrific film called Between Strangers, with three strong separate plots that all converge in the last scene of the movie. It is a bit early to go to bed but I don't want to go out. I might though. It's just the perfect temperature and there a light, delicious breeze.

No comments: