Sunday, July 12, 2009

an "Intuitive Healer"

Yesterday found me waiting half an hour outside the Surrey Central skytrain station for my sister to pick me up. I usually hate waiting for anything but it was a lovely, sunny day and there was shade to relax in. I had never been there before but I was curious about it because I have been hearing rumours that my office might move to this vicinity when looking for a new lease in 2 years. It would take an hour each way to get there but its doable. There's an office tower there, used partially for the Surrey campus of Simon Fraser University, that is architecturally interesting.

After telling me to meet me there, my sister went to the wrong station. Eventually she found me. She was taking me to see an "intuitive healer" who shares her office space, a man named Thomas J Moore who she has been raving about for months. He is an energy worker, who works with chakkras and channels spirit guides for medical advice. I'm not much of a follower of these types of alternative therapies but Western medicine hasn't offered me any insights into the cause of my muscular dystrophy or any treatment options since i was diagnosed over 13 years ago. It was worth a try--for $120.

Thomas was impressive, for his gentle, unpretentious manner. His ego doesn't get in the way of his healing as it does for many doctors who little at times to serve their clientele. The treatment was an hour and a half long and very pleasant. I felt better for it afterwards. When it was over, he felt certain that the cause of my muscle wasting was an imbalanced liver that has been producing too much uric acid over the years, causing my muscle cells to break down. If that is the cause it is encouraging as it would be both correctable and reversible. But now I am wondering why I haven't developed gout instead of muscular dystrophy, which is a common outcome of too much uric acid in one's body. I want to see a naturopath he has referred me to to get more answers. Meanwhile, I will start on milk thistle and dandelion extracts to strengthen my liver. That may be an important start even if it isn't the cure.

It is a motivating development. One could say it is exciting, but I won't let myself go there, at least not until I see solid results. I have gone there too many times, getting excited by treatments, only to be sorely disappointed. It would be nice though, so I'll do my best to walk that thin live between affirmation and expectation. I'll try to keep my emotions out of the process for now.

Thomas also shared other insights. He says my body is otherwise very healthy but advised me to take more magnesium, which I have just recently started doing. He says 2 personal spirit guides were present during my treatment, one being my grandfather on my father's side who I last saw when I was 4, and the other a French infantryman from the Napoleonic Wars. Thomas was able to describe his uniform.

He also said my lower chakkras were all closed. I mentioned that I have often had difficult opening my throat chakkra, and he said he had picked that up too. I asked if my throat had ever been slit in a past life. He said no, you were hung. He meant this in a bad way.

No comments: