Monday, January 10, 2011

My new rooster


I have started the year off well. One of my goals I set was to complete three original windows in stained glass, and I finished my first one on Saturday, one I designed over a year ago and have fantasized about making since then. It is a square window of a rooster standing on a post. His image covers most of the window and is a very colourful bird. I used more than 30 types of glass from my scrap bins to make him.

Tonight I was riding home on the #6 Davie bus and chatting to a fellow rider I see almost everyday. She asked me how my weekend was and I told her about my stained glass work. As the bus rolled down Granville St I started telling her about my rooster, how I finished it on Saturday and spent a good part of Sunday polishing it.

Suddenly, we became aware that our bus had missed its turn onto Davie Street. It seems our driver was more focused on our conversation that his prescribed route, as he confessed to me apologetically a few seconds later. The passengers went into a minor panic and he had to pull over and let half of them off. The Davie bus is an electric trolley and so it wasn’t possible to turn around just any block. The driver had to take it right across False Creek over the Burrard St Bridge more than a mile away before he could turn it around and cross back over. By the time he returned to Davie St he was ten minutes behind schedule, as was everyone else.

I suppose I shouldn’t talk about polishing my 35 cm cock in public……

2 comments:

vicarious1 said...

Some parts of this blog are vrey funny. I enjoyed all the read and look forward to reading more about biking, especially across Asia.
Vic

vicarious1 said...

Forgot to link to my sleepy blog this will light my fire and get going one mine :-)
http://dsignconcepts.blogspot.com/