Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bad dream

Last night I was in the middle of a pleasant but somewhat frustrating dream, you know, where something was transpiring that seemed like it was going to turn into hot sex but I couldn't quite get it to go there. I was with this really hot guy who obviously liked me but he had to do something first. He had to make this model or something for a presentation and he wanted me to help. He managed to convince me it was important and I thought if we could get it done we'd eventually have sex. It never works that way, of course. Once dreams drift away from eroticism they never go back there, but I'm not one to give up hope.

So we're trying to build this model with limited materials. It included some kind of motor. We thought we had constructed it properly but when we turned it on it started making a scratching noise, like a rat trying to get out of a box. We became concerned and turned it off.

I woke up then and as I slowly rose up towards consciousness I realized the dream has stopped but the scratching had not. There was someone at my door trying to insert a key into my lock.

Now I live in a building with two corridors and a common elevator waiting area that joins them in the middle, with elevators on both sides. On occasion, residents get geometrically confused when they leave the elevator and head the wrong way. I quickly surmised it was the woman who had moved recently into the condo in the opposite corner of the floor, but I wasn't about to get out of bed and greet her in the buff at the door. Besides, I was still half-asleep and still hoping to relocate my dream and my hot date, so I let her keep scratching.

I found it all amusing until she opened the door. I often don't bother to lock my door as the building is very safe. I've left my door unlocked when I am at home every night since I moved here 8 years ago and nothing has ever happened. So she figured out the door wasn't locked and she walked in and turned on the light. "OH!" she gasps when she realized that maybe, while she was out drinking, someone hadn't changed the number and lock on her door, hadn't built a new laundry room opposite her suite and hadn't painted and redecorated her apartment -- that she was actually in the wrong apartment.

She quickly turns off the light and leaves, of course. I chuckle, roll over and go back to sleep. If I found the man of my dreams again I'll never know, but in the morning I found my front door hanging open. The stupid bitch didn't even bother to close it when she left. Obviously she was drunk. If only I was sure it was the woman from the opposite corner of the floor I would leave a nasty note on her door, but it is best to let it go. I guess I'd better start locking my door from now on.

No comments: