Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ready to leave

Everything's a go. The plane and 4-wheel drive jeep have been booked. Accommodations in Torry, Escalante and Manti are booked. My bags are packed, my ticket and itinerary printed. I am just staring at the door, waiting for the time to pass. I will wash the last items of clothing for the trip tomorrow night, including my sheets so they will be clean for my return. I am focusing on getting lots of rest and staying centered.

Work is quite dead. I am so not there half the time. I find myself getting impatient with all the stupidity the clients throw at me. I am trying to read Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gadsby between calls.

Eric and Fred have moved back in with me until the end of the month, except for the days Winfried, my German couch surfer, and his girlfriend Chris visit on the 25- 26th. Not sure what the boys will do then. They have been very kind to me since they moved back in yesterday. They have cleaned everything and straightened the living room. They will be working most nights so they will be here more in spirit than in fact most evenings.

Tyler (Stitch) paid me a visit last night, our first time together in several weeks. We walked up Davie, first taking a tour of the community garden. I had been afraid of walking on the spongy, uneven cedar chip pathways but I handled them without a problem. The gardens themselves were a quite inspiring and beautiful. There are some who have planted too tightly, obviously unpracticed gardeners, while others have just as obviously had lots of practice. It was fun looking at the wide variety of plants, about half of which I could identify.

We continued up Davie to Melriches and had non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated drinks and shared a strawberry rhubarb dessert. The air was perfect and the light magical. The street was alive with happy and energized people, active but mellow. I could relive it again and again.

No comments: