Sunday, November 9, 2008

New student


I have a new student as of today. I am teaching her the techniques of stained glass, the copper foil method I always use. She's really raring to go. Apparently she has had a bit of experience and has made some small jewelery pieces, which was apparent as she was instantly good at cutting. She has chosen to make a 16-piece sun catcher, an iris, and chosen to pay by the hour. Today she chose her pattern and glass and cut the first piece of her iris. She is quite excited about it.

My price for lessons is lower than normal, but then I don't have the overhead of paying for the rental of a workshop space. I use the "den" in my condo, an area of about 5 sq m, or 50 sq ft. It is quite sufficient except for projects more than 6 ft long. I don't like working with anything larger anyway. Students are great as they help me use up some of my scrap glass. The piece shown here is 40" long by 15" wide. It has 270 some pieces, an original design of mine. It is a scene in Guanajuarto, Mexico.

No comments: